OCS Support

The idea of an “Officer Candidate School” (OCS) being established at Camp San Luis Obispo in the summer of 1950 was merely that, an idea. However, because of the need for junior officers in the California Army National Guard, Major General Curtis D. O’Sullivan,  conceived a program to establish such an academy within the State of California, outside the exiting Army Program located at Fort Benning, Georgia. The newly created State OCS program graduated its first class in 1951.